You know you need to price your house right and give your house curb appeal, but depending on your particular housing market, those two tips might not be enough to sell your house as fast as you want. Here are the top 5 secrets you need to know to sell your house fast:
- Half-empty closets: Two things buyers love are storage space and snooping. Opening the doors of overflowing closets will alert them that your house doesn’t offer them the storage they’re looking for, no matter how large your closets actually are. Move half of the stuff out of your closets and neatly organize what you leave in them.
- Put your kitchen first: The kitchen is the main area buyers will consider when they decide whether or not to put an offer in on your home. Nobody wants to put time and money into kitchen renovations, especially because it is the most used and most functional room in the house. If you don’t have the time or budget for a full upgrade, do a quick one to freshen it up. Painting and replacing cabinet hardware are the quickest and most inexpensive ways to vamp up the room. Choose a neutral color for paint so that buyers will view it as their canvas that they can alter to suit their personal tastes.
- It’s always showtime: If you want to sell your house fast, you need to be prepared for showings at all times. Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink, keep the floors vacuumed and mopped, and pick up any clutter. Keep in mind this is a minor inconvenience that will be over as soon as the house has sold. You don’t want to miss any opportunities to sell your house because it was too dirty to show.
- Take yourself out of the home: Along with your physical body, remove any memorabilia, pictures, and personal mementos from your house before you start showing it. Buyers want to visualize the home as theirs, and they are less likely to do so if they are constantly reminded of you. If you have the money, invest in a home stager who will strategically place furniture and decorations throughout your home to maximize its appeal.
- See the light: Clean your light fixtures, wash your windows, and install brighter light bulbs if you need to. Maximize your home’s lighting to appeal to buyers who want to know they don’t need to add in any additional lighting in order to live in your house.
Ready to sell your home fast? Contact us today!